Submit Your Talent to Idaho Brew Magazine!
Articles, Stories, Poetry, Artwork, Comic Strips, Games, Puzzles...
We accept contributions from EVERYONE who loves Idaho craft beer -- no experience required!
Submissions must be received by the 20th day of the previous month in order to be considered for publication in that month's issue.
- What you submit must adhere to one rule: IT MUST CELEBRATE CRAFT BEER.
- We cannot promise that we will publish your work, and if we do, we can't promise when it will publish. However, we will do our very best to let you know our intentions as quickly as we can.
- We want to pay you for your work, and someday we hope to be able to. But right now we can't. If that's a deal-breaker, we completely understand, and we hope you'll enjoy the magazine as a reader.
- The preferred length for articles is 500-1000 words, but we're not super picky about it.
- Please tell us how you want to be credited in publication. How your name should look, if you want a reference to your blog, etc....
- Oxford commas YES!
- By submitting an article for consideration, you are asserting that you have read and agree to the Contributor Agreement below. If you want to discuss modifying any part of the agreement, just ask us!
Contributor Agreement (i.e. The Legal Stuff)
When You submit original materials for publication in Idaho Brew Magazine, you agree to the following terms:
- Rights Granted: You grant to Idaho Brew Magazine the right to be the first to publish the work you submit. If, however, Idaho Brew Magazine does not publish it within six months of submission, this right reverts to You. Idaho Brew Magazine retains the right to include any already-published works in future anthologies, reprint editions, adaptations, or collections of articles.
- Warranty: You warrant that to the best of your knowledge the thing you're submitting does not violate or infringe any copyright, trademark, contract, or proprietary rights of others, or contain anything libelous or defamatory. You further agree to indemnify and hold Idaho Brew Magazine harmless against any final judgment resulting from the falsity of this warranty.
- Compensation: You agree that you won't be paid for your submission unless a payment agreement in writing is promulgated before submission.
- Editorial Changes: You agree to allow Idaho Brew Magazine to revise, edit, condense, or otherwise alter your work as needed for publication, knowing that Idaho Brew Magazine will endeavor to make no substantive changes in content without Your permission.